Monday, April 14, 2008

Top 50 "Green 3" Products @ Amazon.com

Amazon.com recently introduced a promotion in which they invited users to tag their three favorite green products "green 3." Since I personally favor averting global catastrophe, I submitted three of my current favorites: GreenPlug Energy Saver, Teaming with Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web and The Farmer's Earthworm Handbook: Managing Your Underground Money-Makers. Not only that, but I set about creating an Amazon aStore page featuring the products from the list.

I may be a slow learner, but before I got through some 450 items, it became clear to me that some brands were a bit "overrepresented." As a retailer, I'm more than happy to sell anything anybody wants to buy. Nonetheless, I must say that any recommendation implied by inclusion in this list needs to be taken with a few grains of salt. There are some great products in the list, but there are also some that I'm confident were included by zealous marketers. Same as always, I suppose.

I applaud Amazon for their initiative, but I would also like to encourage people to participate in this promotion, (which really hasn't been well-publicized) if only to make the data more credible. Adding your own items or voting a tag up or down is extremely easy and you might find some interesting money-savers by going through the list.

Amazon's "Green 3" List: 14 APR 08

No comments: