Monday, February 09, 2009

Valentine's Day Gifts by Category

I actually found Amazon's Valentine's Gift Guides more confusing than helpful, but maybe that's just me. You should look at the main pages (in large type below) as they do have handy links based on price ranges. Beyond this most of the links aren't really recommendations, but just links to Amazon's main category pages. I used to refer to these as "top-level" categories, but that is no longer accurate. What distinguishes these "main" pages is that they contain a lot of extra navigational links and editorial content, which you may or may not be interested in. The subcategory pages are less verbose, and are compiled "on the fly" from Amazon's database.

If you are looking for actual suggestions, I believe I have included all of those pages in the links below. Some of them are a new page format (at least it's new to me.) There are a number of subcategories included on "tabs" across the top of the page. I've included the direct links separated by a colon and slashes. These pages seem to load pretty fast, so I think it's an improvement even if it might be confusing at first.

Amazon's gift suggestions tend to have a holiday-specific theme. If that isn't what you are looking for, You might be better served by the gift guides for girlfriends or wives or the gift guides for boyfriends or husbands. These and more can be found on the (generic) gift guide page.

Valentine's Gifts for Her



Valentine's Gifts for Him


Gifts For Yourself


Gift Ideas in Automotive

No comments: